Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to My Blog!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

2 Days to Go and Staying Busy

Here are my Pinterest inspired baby girl head bands:



I have been trying to stay busy while waiting for my baby girl's big debut into the world. I literally spent the whole morning cutting and gluing these together. I'm not going to lie, it's been hard to not just call the doctor and have him induce me; but I know it's the best to just let her come on her own time. I'm more than ready for her to become part of our family (or as I like to say "join the party!")

Yesterday I had a little scare, I wasn't feeling her move as much as she had in the past. I woke up feeling kind of weird and didn't think anything of it. I had breakfast and then just relaxed on the couch (watching the Olympics) and still no movement. About an half hour later I chose to drink some juice and have peanut butter pretzels and some fruit and went back to the couch to lay down on my left side... still nothing. Well, I then started to freak out a bit because this was so out of the ordinary for her. She is an extremely active baby and I thought it was weird that she didn't even squirm after I had the juice. I called Lee and told him what was going on and then called my Dr. He had me come in right away.
They got me in right away for an ultrasound to make sure their was a good amount of fluid around her and that her heart beat was nice and strong. Thankfully she looked amazing and her heart beat and fluid amounts were all where they should be. They then hooked me up to the fetal monitoring machine where it measures my contractions and the baby's heart beat (and stress level).
Needless to say, everything looked good and my dr couldn't figure out why she wasn't moving as much. He had said that towards then end of pregnancy, the baby's movements tend to slow down. He was thankful that I had called just to make sure everything was ok. He said that if it happens again the next morning to give him a call and just go into the hospital to get ready to deliver.

Well it's the next morning and she's moving so much that my ribs are more sore than ever. So it's all good and I'm still very pregnant! I've read and tried many different techniques of naturally inducing labor. I've read some pretty funny techniques. I remember a list that had a couple that I thought were odd. One said, "Let the baby know that it's safe to come out now." (No Joke!) Well I have tried this jokingly and since I think she's just like Lee I also tried reverse psychology. "Stay in there baby Shannon!" ... and still nothing!

Come out baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment