Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to My Blog!

Monday, July 30, 2012

J/k 5 more days to go...

This has been an eventful week to say the least. Last Monday I had a Dr's appointment and expressed to him that I have been feeling her punch my cervix and that I was getting anxious about seeing her (like every new mom feels). He checked to see if I was dilated and I was about 2 cm. Now, this is where he kind of through me off a little... He said "do you want to have her next Monday?" (YES!!! I screamed in my head but actually said "that would be great!") So if I hadn't gone into labor before today Monday August 30th then he would send me to the hospital. A couple days after my appointment, I was having contractions ever 10 minutes apart and so I tried calling my dr's office and it wouldn't go through to the answering service. It was a bitter sweet feeling when my contractions started to die off because I was excited to actually be going in to labor however, I was glad that it was false labor because I couldn't even reach my Dr!
I have to explain what kind of doctor I am seeing. He is a perinatal specialist and is used to dealing with high risk pregnancies and extremely nervous mom's to be. At no point of time during my pregnancy have I ever thought about inducing labor just for my convenience. However, when he suggested that we could have her today... I got a little too excited. Of course, I would love to see my baby girl today. Who wouldn't! But I do find that I get caught up in my emotions and don't necessarily think everything over in all of the excitement.
After talking it over with the hubby and family, we chose to wait and let her come on her own time. (Unless I am way over due, then I would like a little help).
So... here I am, 39 weeks 2 days and still pregnant. I'm not so uncomfortable that I can't do anything. I'm just so anxious, excited and a little nervous of what's to come. Hopefully now that I am actually allowing myself to relax mentally and physically she will decide to come and join the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment