So when Lee and I found out that we were expecting, we knew that we had to start working on introducing Flynn to kids. Luckily our neighbors have young ones that were absolutely in love with Flynn. It was reassuring to see him give lots of kisses to the kids and most importantly "not jump" on them. Once we started getting the house ready for the little girl, we practiced putting Lee's cabbage patch doll in her bouncy seat and bassinet. He alwasys did a great job guarding "baby Lee". He probably thought that I was crazy carrying around this lifeless doll pretending that it was a real baby.
When we brought the little girl home on August 8th, Lee stayed in the hallway with Shannon in the carrier as I went to greet the little boy. Lee's parents had brought home Shannon's 1st hat that she wore in the hospital so that Flynn could be introduced to her smell before we arrived. I then waddled over to give him lots of love and he immediately knew something was different with me (Where did that massive basketball in your belly go mom?)
Even though the transition has been interesting at times, we are so proud of Flynn. He loves this little girl so much and has become even more protective since we brought her home. He is very gentle and careful around her. He likes to check on her when she wimpers or cries. He's also mommy's little helper, letting me know when she has a dirty diaper.
Life is good and I am very thankful that I have an amazing loving dog who loves Shannon Marie as much as I do. Good job little boy!




No comments:
Post a Comment