School Performances
The first two weeks of December were our Winter Performances for Pre-School (my 3 year olds) and Pre-K (my 4 year olds). They worked so hard on learning all of the songs and the choreography! I was so glad to see it all come together in the end. They looked amazing! My little Pre-S kids were snowflakes and snowmen. They looked so adorable. My Pre-K kids were dressed as Peppermint Candy, sailors, they sang Shirley Temple's song "The Good Old Ship Lollipop", and then Gingerbread. I have to say that my favorite part was the finale song "Marshmallow World". We surprised our kids with a snow machine to shower them with bubbles during the performance. It was so much fun and the kids loved it! Here's a couple pictures of my little ones:
My Pre- K kids:
BIG NEWS:
I'm pregnant! I found out that I was preggo literally a couple of days before my big performances! I had to wait 2 weeks to confirm it at the doctor's office. We had our first ultrasound at 6 1/2 weeks and we even heard the heart beat. (Which people keep telling me that it was way early to even hear it, but we did... it was beating strong at 120 beats per min.) The moment the doctor showed me the little white dot on the screen which was our baby, I started to cry. Then when she played the heart beat over the speakers, I lost it. I honestly can't think of any words to describe how I felt at that moment. I just can't wait to meet him or her! (I love you so much already baby boy or girl...)
Right now, I feel amazing. I am currently 9 1/2 weeks and haven't experience any morning sickness at all. I do experience fatigue and soreness in my lower back but other than that I am pretty lucky. I feel like I am already beginning to show a little bit too.
Christmas & New Years:
This year as soon as I got out of school I drove all the way up to Woodland (9 1/2 hours) to spend a week with my family. I was waiting to tell them the big news in person. I had to wait all day because my sister didn't get home until late. I gave them our first ultrasound picture of the baby and they all freaked, they're so excited! They already started placing bets on the sex. (Amanda thinks it's a girl, Alyssa thinks it's a boy).
That trip to Woodland was fun and very relaxing. Even though, my allergies started acting up (thank you nor-cal trees) It was all worth it to spend time with my family.
For New Years, Lee's parents drove to Vegas to celebrate the exciting news and Lee's 26th Birthday. We gave them their ultrasound picture and they started to cry which of course made me cry too. They were so happy and excited for us! We were so excited to finally share the good news with all of our families. It was so hard keeping this news from them.
(Flynn actually loved getting his picture taken. He just sat there and posed. Who knows maybe he's the next top doggie model...)
Lee's Birthday:
It's actually not until January 7th but we had to celebrate it early because Lee sadly has to work on his birthday. :( However, while his parents were here in town visiting we went to one of our favorite dining places. Fogo De Chao! It's the best Brazilian Steak House restaurant ever. In the past month we have already been there twice. Then we came home and finished up the night with a slice of homemade yellow cake with chocolate frosting (Lee's favorite). The rest of the weekend was spent lounging around our backyard in the beautiful weather.
So here I am back at school, which I'm actually glad of because I love my kids and plus the day goes by much quicker when you have things to do. However, I am already missing those afternoon naps and time to actually work out.
Well, I think I have caught everyone up on my life. Hopefully the next post doesn't take as long.
Happy New Year!

I love your new post and can't begin to tell you how excited I am to be a Grandma. Little Worthey's picture is up on my fridge and Dad and I pray for you, Lee and baby every single day. We are so proud of you both and know that you guys are going to be amazing parents! We love you both !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog post too... Adorable pictures from your performances!
Ashley Marie- I need a new blog entry. I have to see my baby who is having a baby! Pictures please? I love you!
ReplyDelete